St. Ambrose Catholic Church 50th Anniversary


We attended the 50th anniversary celebration mass at St. Ambrose this evening. All I can say is, "Wow!". His Eminence Daniel Cardinal DiNardo (I guess that's his "official" title!) performed the mass. He said some parts in Latin, lots of incense, the Knights of Columbus in their ceremonial uniforms with their swords drawn..................It was a very elaborate ceremony that I don't think I will probably ever get to see again..........if I sound like I'm gushing, I probably am.

Afterwards, we had our "Italian" dinner of Spaghetti from Fornos. Poor Alyssa just ate the salad and roll since she doesn't like spaghetti......at least the spaghetti sauce, anyway. The rest of us ate our fill and then headed for home and didn't get home until 9:00 pm. Glenn had to work tonight since it's the Christmas season and very busy for him at the hotel, so he missed the mass. I think he would have really enjoyed it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow!! Is it that time already????

It's Official!

We've Been Robbed!!