Circle Lake Ranch - Horse Camp 2009


Alyssa and Jessica at the Circle Lake Horse Ranch

Back in the spring, I decided that I would sign the kids up for a different camp this year. Something I figured that they would really enjoy - Horse Camp at Circle Lake Ranch. I knew Alyssa would love it but what really surprised me was that Jessica really loved it, too!
Alyssa - riding Creole
Jessica - riding Coco
Circle Lake Ranch is located in Katy, Texas which for me meant that I would have to leave the house early so that we could be there by 8:00 am and then I would have to ride the Katy Freeway back in towards town in all of the traffic. What I discovered, was that it really wasn't all that bad. I did ride the Katy Tollway back in but I probably could have fore-gone that and just come in with everyone else on the non-charging part of the freeway.
The girls learned all of the parts of the horses, all of the parts of the saddles - both english and western - how to put on a saddle and how to groom a horse. They learned how to walk, trot, canter and how to make a horse walk backwards. At the end of the camp, they put on a horse show to show everyone how much they had learned.
Jessica and Alyssa getting ready for the Horse Show

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow!! Is it that time already????

It's Official!

We've Been Robbed!!