We've Been Robbed!!

The girls and I got home today around 5:00 pm, pulled the car into the garage and then unloaded the groceries that I had picked up earlier. I left the garage door opened as I have every day since I can remember. Around 6:30, we heard tires screeching outside and both girls ran down the stairs to see what it was that was making that horrible sound. We went outside and saw the tire tracks on the street but no cars that we could see. About 2 minutes later, I got a call from Glenn on his cell phone and he said that he was chasing down a truck that had been in front of our house loading up the stuff from the garage! He lost them going into an apartment complex near the house. He said they looked pretty cruddy and they were in an old beat up white truck but he couldn't get close enough to get the license plate number. They stole Glenn's electric saw, his new weed eater and his leaf blower that wasn't working very well (too bad!). I am just so glad that he pulled up when he did because they could have gotten so much more! I just can't believe they had the nerve to go into the garage with my car inside and the other car in the driveway. I checked inside the car and don't see anything missing in there, but I guess we're not going to know the extent of the damage until we can go through everything in the garage to see what's missing.

Comments

Donna Kibler said…
Bummer... but glad they didn't decide to try to get in to the back door. Hope you keep the doors locked from now on. Just happy to hear that everybody is ok. Ummm maybe Maggie needs some watchdog lessons :D
Yeah, well, Maggie didn't make a peep the whole time and I was sitting on the sofa and heard nothing either. Just glad none of decided to go out the door to get the mail or to get something out of the car or we would have been up for a big surprise!

Popular posts from this blog

Wow!! Is it that time already????

It's Official!