More Days Off!!

The kids are out of school AGAIN, now for 3 more days, because they have parent-teacher conferences Wed & Thurs and then an Inservice on Friday. It's not like they missed enough school due to the hurricane! Granny 'Laine took care of the girls today while I worked. They went to Monkey Biz and to Applebee's for salmon........boy do they love salmon!

Yesterday, Alyssa started having abdominal pains on the way to school. It was so bad, that she was moaning and crying and I had to figure out whether or not it was bad enough to have to take her to the ER or if she could hang on until I got a doctor's appointment. My first thought was that it might be appendicitis. I opted to drop Jess off at school and then make a detour to Nana's to wait until the doctor's office opened at 8:30am. I got a 9:30 appointment and by the time I got her there, the pains had subsided. We had her urine tested because she had complained of going to the bathroom really often on Saturday. I had completely forgotten that she had a bout of diarhea on Sunday but once I was reminded of it, the doctor said that the pains were probably residual affects from that and she could have that for several days. Anyway, I'm glad that I took her just so that it could ease my mind. We'll get the results of the test by the end of the week.

Also, yesterday, the power went back off at work. We actually had partial power which meant that we had some lighting and a few outlets were working. That meant that some computers were working but not all. What we DIDN'T have was AIR CONDITIONING or WATER. It was hot and the bathrooms didn't work!!! Needless to say, we managed to work until around 2:45 before the heat got to us.......I think it got up to 95 degrees yesterday. Today was a better day since the electricity came back on. The only thing is that I'm still trying to catch up on my work from the two weeks that we were gone! I guess there is always tomorrow.

Comments

Donna Kibler said…
Hey Shel--

Love the new background. It looks great! Keep up the good work! dk

Popular posts from this blog

Wow!! Is it that time already????

It's Official!

We've Been Robbed!!