Time For A Little Rambling

It's been so long since I've been here that I don't even know where to begin, so bear with me and I'll try not to ramble on.

School started over a month ago and boy is it in full swing. Jessica was going to try out for the SAS Volleyball team but decided against it at the last minute. She really loves her tumbling class and thought that it might interfer with it. She'd rather tumble than anything. Alyssa also started tumbling at the beginning of September and really loves it, too. We've already had several tests and I'm trying my best to make sure that Alyssa makes decent grades but she's struggling with several of her classes. We've also had Spirit Week at school and the kids have worn crazy shoes & socks, crazy ties & hats, crazy hair & face, and pajama bottoms and spirit shirts. Jessica is on the Yearbook Staff and is having fun. Alyssa goes to Camp Kappe next week and will be gone from Tuesday through Friday......we're going to miss her.


Check out the hair on these two


Pajama bottoms & spirit shirts

Our household is also been watching the Texans football. The kids love watching the games with Glenn and have even spent their own money on Texan football jerseys.


Alyssa wearing her "Game" face


Ready for some Texan Football

Jessica got her expanders last week and we're hoping that those will be off within the next 5-6 months. The top one is mostly plastic across the roof of the mouth, kind of like a retainer except you can't remove this one. I have to turn both her bottom and top expanders once a week and Alyssa's now just once every two weeks. Alyssa also got more braces on her top teeth and both girls had lots of pain for the first week.

August and the beginning of September turned out to be really hot in Houston. Didn't have a lot of rain until just recently and the plants are lovin' it. I have a small "orchard" in my backyard......a tangerine tree, a lime tree, and an avocado tree. I have lots of tangerines, one lime and no avocados as of yet but hopefully within a few years we'll have them coming out of our ears, 'cause I LOVE avocados!


My Little Avocado tree


Lime Tree


My Tangerine Tree - Look At All Those Tangerines!


My Tangerines - Loving the Rain


All Of The Rain Has Brought Us Some Unwanted Visitors


Rainbow After the Storm

Sorry, but I think I did ramble on! I'll do better next time. :o)

Comments

dmm said…
but I enjoy your rambeling ;-)
Anonymous said…
Ramble On!!!! I love catching up with the grand-girls and what they are currently doing. Love your Blog!/Grannylaine
That's enough encouragement for me! I'll keep rambling on......

Shelly

Popular posts from this blog

Wow!! Is it that time already????

It's Official!

We've Been Robbed!!