Ouch!


Remember the old adage - "Be Careful What You Wish For, Cause You Just Might Get It."? I think it has just happened to me! For years, I have had a really dull set of knives and have "wished" that I had a really really sharp set. I asked for a nice set of knives for Christmas and Guy made my wish come true. Well, actually, he bought me a really really sharp set for my Christmas present. The biggest knife is something that you might whack a coconut with to cleave it in half. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm pretty sure it would work.

I have been in the kitchen most of the day starting out with making my homemade chicken noodle soup. I used my really big knife to cut the chicken breasts in to tiny pieces and when I was finished, I was wiping the blade clean and touched the blade on the top part of my pointing finger and put a slice in it.......I barely touched it and it sliced me! I put a bandaid on it and went to cut up an onion and again, I barely touched the blade on the pad of my middle finger and put another nice slice on it. I guess I'm going to have to be really careful with my new set of knives if I'm going to have any fingers left!


The kids played outside most of the day......pogo stick, skateboards, skates, etc. Evidently, it was enough to entice Nick and Allison to come out and play. I didn't see the kids all day long. When Allison came back out in the evening, she decided it was time to start selling her girl scout cookies, so I guess Alyssa decided it was time to sell HER girl scout cookies, too. Just a warning to everyone reading out there...........Alyssa will be calling you all next week to see if you want cookies!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow!! Is it that time already????

It's Official!

We've Been Robbed!!