Yikes! It's Still Ike!

We're getting ready for Hurricane Ike to make a visit to the Milner house. Glenn has boarded up the downstairs (East) windows at the back of the house. We both worked all evening to move chairs, tables and all kinds of other things from the backyard and into the garage. So far, it doesn't look like it's going to be that bad of a storm, but everyone is still panicking.

I stopped to get gas this morning and the lines were so long at the gas stations that it reminded me of the 70's when we had gas rationing! I just kept on driving until I found a station that wasn't too very bad. I ended up getting gas and then during my lunch hour I went back out to stop by the grocery store and noticed that the gas station I had stopped by that morning was completely out of gas. I also noticed the same thing about many other gas stations.

When I made it to Krogers, they were out of almost EVERYTHING! I couldn't believe it. I bought a few things that I needed and then got out of there fast. I stopped at the Krogers gas station by our house to pick up ice and the lines were so long to get gas that I had to park quite a bit away and walk to the station.

We have all the batteries we need and I think we're okay on candles, too.
I am hoping that the power doesn't go out because I remember the last really big hurricane that came through here was Alicia in 1983, and we didn't have power for about a week......yuck!

I'll post again tomorrow..........Stay safe!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow!! Is it that time already????

It's Official!

We've Been Robbed!!