We Survived Ike!

Well, Ike has blown on through and we made it with minimal damage. We lost several sections of our fence in the backyard but had no damage to the roof that we can see. We lost some small trees in the front yard. Power went out early Friday night and was out until Sunday night. We stayed at Angela's house in Sugarland on Saturday night because for some reason, her power came right back on after the storm. It came on at our house during Sunday night and went back off at 7:15 am this morning (Monday).......I'm not sure when it will be back. Luckily, mom and dad have power at their house so I'm am able to get access to the internet while I'm here. If the power doesn't come back on, then I'm staying here. My main concern at the moment is when and where I'm going to get gas. There are very few stations open and those have at least 50 people in line. I'm down to a half a tank and don't want to waste it riding around looking for the gas! I also need more food but most of the stores are still closed, too. According to Centerpointe Energy, it could take as long as 4 weeks for everyone to get their power back on.........I sure hope I'm not one of those!!

I'll post some pictures of the backyard when I remember to take the memory card out of my camera. Right now, it's back at the house so it does me NO good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow!! Is it that time already????

It's Official!

We've Been Robbed!!