We're Waiting to be Normal Again...........






The power came back on sometime yesterday while we were at Mom and Dad's. I decided to head home around 4:30 in order to give us enough time (if the power was still out) to get packed up and back to Mom and Dad's before the curfew started. Once home though, I realized that we are out of a lot of stuff so I decided to take the girls with me and wait in the long line at the grocery store. They would only let in about 15-20 people at a time to shop and as people left the store, more were allowed inside. Luckily when we got there, the line only had about 20 people in it but while we waited the line behind us got longer and longer. We only waited about 20 minutes before they let us in. Most of the people in this area still don't have any power so they were all scrambling for the ice, which thankfully was in abundance at this store. They had cleared a whole row in the frozen section and just had ice in it. It was really sad, though, to see the people moving in fast motion to fill up their baskets with ice as fast as they could. I can see now why they only let 20 people in at a time.........it could have been a really "ugly" scene if people started fighting over that stuff. The store still had no fresh meat or dairy products. They did have produce, dry goods and alot of frozen stuff. I bought just a little because I don't know if the power will go out again for the 3rd time.

I still don't know what I'm going to do about gasoline.........I haven't driven around at all today, but my job called last night and said we were shooting for Wednesday. I don't think I'll have enough to get back and forth for more than 2 days. I really don't think the power is on there yet, though, so I don't think I'm going to have to worry about that. I'll let one of them check it out and give me a call so that I don't waste my gas going all the way across town. If anyone reading this knows where there is gasoline available, please post a comment and let me know. The stations around here open up, the long lines form and then they run out before everyone gets any.
The school looks like it will be closed for the rest of the week. Hopefully, they will get their power back on before Monday rolls around. At this rate, the kids will be going to school longer at the end of the year to make up for the time off.


I have posted some pictures of the damage to the back yard. Not too bad considering some of the other houses in our neighborhood. Most have roof damage and trees down either on the roof or on their cars. One corner house had the siding ripped off of the side, down to the insulation.

We're very blessed at the Milner house!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow!! Is it that time already????

It's Official!

We've Been Robbed!!