POD's & MRE's?????

Before Hurricane Ike came, I had no idea what a POD or MRE was! Thanks to all of the people that have set up the "Points of Distribution" that give out "Meals Ready to Eat"! I haven't had to take advantage of any of these but I know that they are being used by many in this area.

We have had electricity & phone since Monday but many, like my sister and mother-in-law, still don't have any power. We have opened our home to any friends and family that need to come and shower or wash laundry or just crash for a little while in the air conditioning.

Donna and Brianna came over today, picked up the kids and me and we all headed out to the outlet malls in Fairfield to get away for awhile. (Mom didn't come because she is getting new furniture and was scheduled to be delivered today!) We picked up some cute shoes for Jess and Alyssa and a great pink jacket for Jess at Aeropostale. After shopping, we stopped at Alicia's Mexican Restaurant in Cypress and had fajitas......well, except Alyssa, who had quesadillas.

I am still waiting to find out if we have any electricity at work, so for the moment I am just hanging out and waiting and waiting and waiting. I haven't been at work since last Thursday!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey Shelly, I am very glad to hear that you and all your family are alright. Thank you for posting your blog link on the lynnkurland site. I have been popping in here to see how things were going for you. There are about 30 displaced hurricane kids in my kids elementary school this week. It has been very interesting to see how things work.... I am sure your prespective is much more intense. I continue to pray for you all as you recover and clean up. Blessings, Tory

Popular posts from this blog

Wow!! Is it that time already????

It's Official!

We've Been Robbed!!