Happy Birthday Brandon!



We just got back from a birthday party for my nephew, Brandon. He celebrated his big "8" today! Guy ordered BBQ from Hickory Hollow and as always, it was wonderful. We LOVE Hickory Hollow! The kids always really enjoy getting together and I don't think I heard a peep from any of them all afternoon. Jess and Lauren played outside and Alyssa and Brandon played with his nerf "laser" tag set and with the Game Cube.

I am doing much better emotionally now, than I was when I posted yesterday. I broke down crying again and so we had a family meeting and discussed all the problems that we were all having. I think it helped.......at least it helped me and I feel better for having discussed it.

Alyssa is going to make sure that she reads every day for at least 15 minutes because it is required for her reading class. She has to post every day that she reads - the book and how long she read it. Last month she didn't do well and brought home a really low grade. I told her that she needs to take responsibility for this herself. She assures me that she did really well on Friday's multiplication test so we'll just have to wait and see if maybe all the hard work paid off.
Keep your fingers crossed! I'm pretty sure she did well on her map test.

I went to the store this morning and picked up some groceries for the family friend that lost his job a few months ago. Please say an extra prayer for him that he is able to get a job.....I know I will.

Thanksgiving is quickly sneaking up on us. It will be here in 5 days! Then Christmas will be here before we know it.....Ugh!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow!! Is it that time already????

It's Official!

We've Been Robbed!!